WebEx Meeting Center has dominated the web conferencing space for a number of years with a reliable time tested product. Synergy Research Group rates WebEx Meeting Center as the clear market leader, with Q3 2011 market shares of 51 percent in North America and 41 percent worldwide.
An alternative to WebEx, Adobe Connect Pro, has come along as a strong contender challenging that dominant spot. This head to head comparison will show you why Adobe Connect Pro is winning converts.
Compare WebEx Pricing vs Adobe Connect Pricing, with the Web Conferencing Store Special Offers
An important factor in any buying decision is bottom line cost. The following chart compares WebEx cost to Adobe Connect Pro cost, with the The Web Conferencing Store.
Web conferencing comparison – between Adobe Connect Pro and WebEx Meeting Center:
Here are some feature Highlights shared by both
- Adobe Connect and WebEx both have cross platform compatibility to make it a universal platform for all your participants regardless of their operating systems.
- Adobe Connect and WebEx feature a persistent URL which allows users to create a personalized, persistent meeting room, (similar to a personal telephone number or an office extension). This allows you to jump into a meeting where you left off, with all of your presentation materials and layouts in place.
- Both Adobe Connect Pro and WebEx Meeting Center offer plugins for advanced productivity. WebEx Productivity Tools include the WebEx One-Click program and WebEx integrations with other programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, IBM Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, and instant messengers.
Here are a few of the major feature differences Adobe Connect Pro and WebEx Meeting Center:
- WebEx has an edge in security features via a proprietary dynamic switched network, ‘WebEx Media Tone Network’ versus a peer-to-peer connection between local PC’s with Adobe Connect. This means that WebEx offers a security advantage as meetings take place on a private dynamic switched network vs. housed on servers owned and controlled by Adobe.
- Adobe Connect is much more user friendly for attendees to join meetings, because the interface is based on Adobe Flash, which is already installed on more than 98% of computers worldwide. That means just about anyone can instantly access meetings without the hassle of software downloads—even your audience members operating in a software lockdown environment. No hassle implementation in regards to your companies firewall security issues.
- WebEx requires a download for participants (Meeting Manager). Adobe Connect does not require a download to enter your meeting for the first time.
- Adobe Connect allows for multiple hosts and presenters during a meeting, which allows a more effortless flow of interaction among presenters, while WebEx allows one host at a time, but a host can “pass the baton” to another presenter.
- WebEx requires a “proprietary viewer” to watch a recording of a meeting while Adobe Connect allows immediate access to recorded web meetings via a link with secure private or public access options.
- WebEx’s interface is similar to many older web conferencing solutions, but we prefer the Adobe Connect Flash based interface as it provides a much more impressive, rich, multimedia experience. You can create as many individual Meetings Rooms as you like, and each Meeting Room interface can easily be customized for the needs of that meeting.
- Video content played in the Adobe Connect environment is superior to any web conferencing solution that we have seen.
Both WebEx and Adobe Connect offer a full set of world-class user features for a productive, meeting environment.
Although the Adobe Connect Pro price is a little higher, in most cases we favor Adobe Connect because it offers: superior user friendliness, superior video, and greater multimedia flexibility. We would however recommend WebEx for those situations where security is the most important factor.
Click here for an Adobe Connect Pro review.