GoToMeeting is currently one of the most widely used web conferencing services on the market. Many GoToMeeting reviews only look at the features of GoToMeeting itself, but how does it compare in price and performance to other web conferencing solutions? We chose a head to head comparison of GoToMeeting (including GoToWebinar and GoToTraining) with GlobalMeet, a new player on the block. (Click here to check out our in-depth review of GlobalMeet.)
Our conclusion, after our analysis of features (see table below), is that GoToMeeting is best served for users who only need a basic VOIP teleconferencing service with added Powerpoint capability using a screen share tool. GoToMeeting can be upgraded at additional costs (see pricing below) adding functionality with registration, attendee controls, and polling tools for webinars and training purposes. If you are a Mac or Linux user, find another service, because the features are severely limited.
We recommend GlobalMeet over the GoToMeeting product line, if you need a comprehensive web collaboration feature set for daily meetings, as well as for webinars and training purposes. In addition, the price point beats GoToMeeting, GoToWebinars, and GoToTraining hands down across the board.
Compare Prices and Features – GoToMeeting vs GlobalMeet
- Subscription Fee: Global Meet compares very favorably in price at $39.00 per month ($29 per month web only), even when compared with the entire range of GoToMeeting products (i.e. GoToWebinar and GoToTraining). Refer to our chart below.
- Toll Free Rates: Global Meet offers the best Toll Free pricing at 5 cents per minute without any monthly commitment. The least expensive Toll Free rate available with GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, and GoToTraining is 7 cents per minute, but requires a 10,000 minute monthly commitment otherwise it is 15 cents.
- Features: Global Meet offers a rich feature set for conferencing and collaboration, with superior OutLook integration. GoToMeeting product line is missing important web collaboration features, such as: whiteboard, drawing tools, file transfer, and document library. Web Cam is also missing, but Citrix tells us that web cam implementation is coming soon.
- Mac Support: GoToMeeting does not support specific App Sharing, Outlook integration, Drawing Tools, or Recording on the Mac platform. GlobalMeet offers full Mac support.
- Linux Support: GoToMeeting does not support Linux. GlobalMeet offers full Linux support.
Go To Meeting Reviews
Coming soon, a complete Go To Meeting review including video conferencing, go to meeting pricing, go to meeting alternatives, go to meeting competitors, and go to meeting comparison with other leading web conferencing solutions.